IMPORTANT! If you’re a store owner, please make sure you have Customer accounts enabled in your Store Admin, as you have customer based locks set up with EasyLockdown app. Enable Customer Accounts
Electric Cargo Bike and Electric Moped News & Case Studies
The world's first hydrogen Cargo Bike
- An innovative mode of transport
- This Bike acquires hydrogen from water and solar energy
- Requires only 10 minutes to charge
- runs for a range of about 150km before recharging.
Cargo bikes are rebooting urban travel
- Some workers, from plumbers to craftspeople to DJs, are swapping their hefty vans for cheaper e-cargo bikes
- The electric cargo bike is poised to transform the way city streets
- Ebikes have advantages when it comes to deliveries
Laundry business invests £2.5m in electric cargo bike fleet
- Laundryheap will invest £2.5 million to add 200 vehicles to its fleet following successful trials.
- The cargo bike fleet will be delivered starting at the tail end of this year and run through 2022 a
- Cargo Bikes found to move around cities almost twice as fast as vans
- The firm’s EAV2Cubed vehicle will form the basis of the eco-friendly laundry service offered to customers
Hackney’s experimental cargo bike hire scheme
- Pay-as-you-pedal scheme introduced
- No up front ownership costs
- Replaces car and van trips for impromptu local deliveries
EAV secures electric cargo bike trial with DHL
- Edinburgh selected for trial of eCargo bikes
- 2 cubic meter capacity with 40 mile charge
E-cargo bike sightings to become commonplace
- "It costs us about 1p a mile to power an e-bike"
- Used for deliveries in London up to 130kg or 620 Litres
- Local businesses connect with same-day national delivery with rail link
- Removes strain on HGV fleet drivers, with them focused on long deliveries
E-cargo bikes are available to lease to businesses in Milton Keynes
- eCargo bikes available for lease and hire across the city as alternative to vans.
- Up to 630L capacity
Cargo bikes transform urban areas and come to cities near you
- 60% faster than vans
- Used by Crossrail and HS2 engineers to deliver equipment
- 15 fold increase in popularity over 5 years predicted
Power Switch: “It’s a massive saving” says Derby plumber who’s swapped his van for an e-cargo bike
- After first borrowing one in June, Broer swiftly concluded electric cargo bikes were a viable way of working and has now invested in an Urban Arrow.
- "I can basically park wherever I want"
- Saved fuel costs by 50%
e-Bikes can “revolutionise” city transport with investment, says detailed UTG study
- A new study from the UK’s largest urban transport authorities, has concluded that the electric bike could “revolutionise first and last mile travel and logistics in cities.
- e-Bikes could replace 103 million car and taxi trips, resulting in 416 million fewer car and taxi kilometres
What is a cargo bike and could it really replace your car?
- More than half of all freight journeys in cities could be carried out via cargo bike
- 70 per cent of UK journeys are under 5 miles,
- In London the average speed is just over 14 km p/h, so you can easily keep up with one of these electric cargo bikes.
Electric moped trial hoped to cut congestion and emissions on Solihull's busiest roads
- Commuters living along one of Solihull's busiest roads are being challenged to trade in their usual drive to work for a two-wheeled alternative to help tackle congestion.
8 of the Best Electric Scooters for Delivery Work!
- Super Soco CPX
- NIU Pro Cargo
Here's what it's really like to ride an electric moped around Edinburgh
- Riding the MQI GT was great fun, and it's ideal in Edinburgh. It's really smooth, hills are no problem and the handling is very stable, which is good for anyone new to scooters.
- Their silent operation means they don't contribute to the high amounts of noise pollution that tend to fill Edinburgh's streets.