Speed Pedelecs due to their high speed capabilities, are classified as L1e Mopeds in the UK. They cannot legally be used on the public highway unless they are registered (have a number plate) with DVLA, have a minimum of 3rd party road risk insurance, and the rider has either a valid CBT certificate or Moped / Motorcycle entitlement on their driving licence
This is a Speed Pedelec, and is classed as a L1E Moped in the UK. It requires registration with the DVLA and the appropriate licence. We handle all the paperwork and assembly. Delivered by dedicated in house drivers. Ride away on delivery day!
Designed for hillier commutes, the MD11 is an electric bike that will conquer hills with power and confidence. Also available as a 15.5mph Electric Bike.
The Performance MD11 Speed is the fast version of the MD11. This bike is equipped with a powerful Brose-TF mid motor (90 Nm, 45 km/h) which allows you to reach speeds of up to 28mph. The ideal weight distribution makes the MD11 Speed a perfect companion in hilly surroundings. Fully equipped with high-quality performance components and a Bluetooth display console for connecting to your smartphone.
The MD11 Speed is equipped with a smart console: a small and compact display that can be connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth. The bike is operated with the QWIC app which displays all available information.
The QWIC Performance MD11 Speed electric bike is equipped with an integrated 735Wh LI-ion battery as standard. Thanks to the downtube integration of the battery, the design has remained neat and sporty. The battery is fitted with a USB connection so it can be easily accessed. Thanks to a state-of-the-art Battery Management System, the battery is protected against both self and deep discharge.
The silent yet powerful Brose-TF mid motor is equipped with an internal belt transmission. With this powerful mid drive, the top speed of the MD11 Speed lies at around 45 km/h. The QWIC Brose mid drive offers a torque of no less than 90 Nm. Also, the software developed especially for QWIC ensures that the engine performance fully matches the e-bike.
The unrestricted motor is not the only upgrade you'll receive over the standard MD11. The MD11 Speed also has upgraded front forks, Brakes, Seatpost & lights, which have a integral Horn and Rear Brake light. Crucial upgrades for todays commuter.
- Motor - Brose-TF mid motor (90 Nm, 28mph)
- Battery - LI-ion CAN-Bus Downtube
- Range - up to 90 miles in Eco (735Wh)
- Power - 4 levels of Assistance
- Gear System - Shimano SLX 11-speed derailleur
- Display - Bluetooth Console via Mobile Phone
- Brakes - Magurate MT5e Disc Brakes
- Wheel Set - 28"
- Tyres - Schwalbe Marathon GT Tyres
- Forks - Suntour MOBIE-45 Air 80mm with lock-out function
- Seatpost - Post-Moderne Parallelogram spring seatpost
- Front Light - Busch & Müller IQ-X 150 Lux + horn
- Busch & Müller Toplight Line + brake light
- MIK Rear carrier (Max. weight 25 kg)
- MIK Luggage carrier
- Colour - Antracite
Two frame styles are available:
- Sport (Cross Bar): A high top tube similar to a traditional bike styles
- Comfort (Step Through): A lower top tube gives easier step-through access, making it more comfortable to get on and off
- Medium - 48 - 50cm = (Rider heights of 5'6" - 5'10")
- Large: 54 - 56cm = (Rider heights of 5'10" - 6'1"+)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
In the UK is a traditional motorbike helmet required or would a cyclist helmet be sufficientc
A motorbike rated helmet would be required as these are legally classed as mopeds, and the extra speed / power means you would want something a bit tougher. We have a specialist helmet designed for Speed Pedelecs - the Cratoni Vigor.
It's lightweight and looks much like a cyclist helmet does.